Carter is almost 6 months old. I can't believe it. He has some new "tricks" he'd like to share
Right before Thanksgiving he started eating solid food. Here is his first taste of Rice Cereal. Well received.Next were some Sweet Potatoes on Thanksgiving. Very well received-especially when mixed with a little special "Sauce" from mom. Homemade of course. Next came some carrots.
I decided that I will try and make all my own baby food. So far it's been successful and easy. Here are some pureed corn, peas (eww) and squash. All fresh veggies pureed and perfectly proportioned. I'm hoping Carter won't be a picky eater and so I'm not introducing the good stuff aka fruits for a little while longer. Am I turning Granola-y? No-I don't even own a pair of Chacos. I figure Carter doesn't need added sugar and such for a little while longer. What he doesn't know he's missing, won't hurt him. Plus is he's anything like his mother concerning sugar an addiction is sure to arise.
Another of Carter's tricks are rolling over and cutting his first tooth. Who knew I would get so excited over both? It was like Christmas here last Sunday as he rolled over for the first time and I saw his first tooth. The bad news is that he has ceased his rolling over. Carter is convinced that being on his tummy is a form of torture. He use to fuss and cry until he rolled himself over but in the last few days he isn't even trying to roll over anymore. Like the picture above, he just gives up and lays quietly and peacefully on the floor. He won't even try anymore. He'll show me I guess. But I know he can do it so I will keep encouraging him.
Monday, December 8, 2008
My Baby is Growing Up!
Posted by Amanda at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
He is so cute!!! Casen doesn't move much either these days so no worries. I can't believe you are making your own baby food! Look at you Martha! I am not nearly as ambitious. Your house looks so cute in the background...I still want to see it sometime. Have a great Christmas!!
Your baby food looks great- way to go. If Carter is anything like my kids, as long as you offer good foods (veggies, fruits, etc) they will like them and heartily eat them for a long, long time before they start getting opinions about them. Even now that Chloe can tell me what she likes and doesn't like, she still likes almost every single vegetable.
The picture of him "giving up" and just laying on the carpet is adorable! I guess if he's being quiet and is happy, you can't really complain. Mitch was the same way- he rolled over for the first time and did it a few times, and then it was a long time before he would do it again.
Can't wait to see his most recent pictures. Mom says they were adorable and that Carter was so good at the picture place.
I want a 5X7 of that picture of the 3 of you. It is really good. If you really want Carter to roll over, just be firm and refuse to feed him until he rolls. Remember how we trained the dogs.
I love your moms comment! He is getting so big. Don't feel about the roll over thing. My doctor said it is not even important. It isn't really a mile stone they need to reach. Aspen rolled over tons right from when she was 2 weeks old. Kamden not so much and Cash is following in her tracks. And you go girl making your own food. I know it is easy but I guess I just rather be lazy and buy the baby food. We might head down to Rupert over the holidays. I would love to see you if it works out.
I have to admit, the Chaco comment hurt! And since you've already had Christmas, does this mean I can keep your present?
Post a Comment