CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Boy and His Truck......Books

We will live really close to the Library and so we make frequent trips there. Carter found a couple of truck books and so we had to check them out. Since then, these books have not left his side. They are the dumbest books ever. Just about dump trucks, loaders, excavators, cement trucks, fire trucks, etc. They don't even have a story line......just facts. He now points out every kind of tractor/truck he sees, and he knows them all by name. It's kind of funny to hear him shout out "look mom, a loader!"

He takes them with him to the Bathroom....and I just noticed, when he finally does start using the toilet for its main purpose, that book may get wet.
A little light reading to pass the time. Side Note: He is not potty trained nor has he EVER peed or pooped on the toilet. But he begs to sit on the potty every second of the day. I think it's mostly because he likes playing with the toilet paper and flushing. Someday we'll get lucky though and the stars will align and he will actually pee.
He even sleeps with them. Along with Monkey and Doggy. He bed is sure getting full.
I thought this pic was hilarious. He can't seem to sleep without touching them.
I apologize if anyone wants to check these out from the library any time soon. I am hoping they will let me renew them for the next year!

7 comments:

Lacey said...

I love that he's so in love with his books that they even have to go to bed with him, and that he knows all the big truck names by heart... what a kid! And your lucky that he wants to sit on the potty! We have to bribe Ivy with chocolate just to sit on it...

kp said...

these pictures are so funny, and your new blog picture so cute, I'm left without any sassy comments. Please post better material next time.

corrychronicles said...

That is so awesome, Rylie was the exact same way. She still has to go down for a nap with a book but at night we can usually set them on her dresser. The fact that he is willing/wanting to sit on the potiing is quite the feat, good luck!

Jaron and Mandy said...

Thats to cute! he for sure knows what he likes what a cute kid. Mills does the same thing with the potty, i get so excitted when she asks to go but we haven't gone yet just sitting and playing with the TP they will both be Potty trained one day right?

Clayton and Heidi said...

I agree with Carter...toilet is the best place to read a good book (next to a bathtub that is).

The Blakeslee Family said...

I think you need to post a picture of Carter on the pink potty. Not as nice a place to read but very entertaining.

Ann said...

That's pretty cute! Kayla went through a phase when she had to sleep with her tea set.