CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love my husband but...............


I do-I love him dearly but yesterday he almost gave me a heart attack. We were in the kitchen and he spilled some water on the floor. No big deal, right? Wrong. The next time I turned around he's using my NICE kitchen towels to clean the floor!!!!!! After I screamed in shock, he apologized and said he didn't know these towels weren't for the floor. I then patiently showed him, again, where we keep the cleaning towels and why we have cleaning towels. I want him to help more in the kitchen but it's like Russian Roulette every time he's in there!! It reminds me of the time he took one of my tupperwares to store the grease from his bike chain........or the time he took my bathroom hand towel to use at his triathlon. Is my husband the only one who doesn't realize all things are not created equal???
(Neil never reads my blog but just in case....Neil, don't worry, I still love you and I won't kick you out, this time!)

5 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

No, no,....no, no..... your husband is not the only one. I have table cloths that are just for decoration that he always insists on using them to eat on. If we ate on them, they would need to be washed EVERY DAY. He cannot understand why I have a tablecloth that cannot be used for more than just decoration! If it were used to eat on, it would not be a decoration!!

He uses all sorts of kitchen utensils and tupperwares to feed the dog, administer puppy medicine, and deliver puppies with. (Disgusting). He too cannot understand why this is unacceptable. He used a tupperware as a dog food scooper and, after beating him with it, I've just told him to keep it in the dog food, as I will never store human food in it again.

The examples you gave are hilarious.

I have millions of other examples, but I rest my case. And Ben does read this, so.....Ben- sorry, but you and Neil both need to learn proper house item etiquette.

Amanda said...

Carrie-
so using household items to deliver puppies is disgusting. When Neil used our bathroom towels to dry off his feet after swimming at the triathlons, it then became a work towel. OH yea-he used my measuring cups to measure pesticide for the weeds-had to throw those out as well. Maybe we can give a class at Thanksgiving for Neil and Ben.....

karla said...

Ha ha! Both of your stories are hilarious! Jeff isn't a natural in the kitchen, either. I guess it's a good thing they have us around to keep things in order. :)

kp said...

I don't have a husband, but there are a few men in my life. It's a guy thing. And apparently, it starts long before marriage. My biggest pet peeve is using the dish cloth on the floor. Seriously people!

Foust Family said...

It's good to hear that other women have to deal with these same problems!! I think all the examples given (except for the puppy delivering) have happened at one time or another in our house as well!! I'm glad I'm not alone!!

P.S. Is Carter excited to meet his future wife???